Windy and bitterly cold ....

6th January 2022 (Thursday)    10.30 .... I have been for the paper, down to


the beach and the harbour, and ..... it is bitterly cold all over the place.    That said, we had an interesting sky at sunrise time, but, with the wind being from the south there was no ‘hiding place’.... so I didn’t hang around:  which was just as well as the card in the camera came up ‘Full’.    I went back to Ivy, downloaded the photos and cleared the card, had a quick cuppa then went to the harbour (I’d picked up the paper earlier).   I won’t be going out on the bike today.



15.30    I did go out in the middle of the afternoon.... in the car.   We’ve had a day of mixed weather;  including a couple of sunny spells, though mostly it has been overcast with rain showers..... and cauld.    The Pap’s o’ Fife have a gusting of  snow on them.   I didn’t go as far as I intended in the car, just to Kinneuchar then home by way of Balbuthie Loan, and visiting the harbour on the way through Elie.


We’ve got traffic lights on Ferry Road:  there’s work going on at Grange Road.   I think it’s time for afternoon tea.... and a scone.   I think I have two in the freezer.






21.00    I’ve been putting the bucket (Grey) out.... and it is a wet, windy and cold night.   ‘Sunny intervals with a moderate breeze’ is forecast for tomorrow so the rain/sleet must clear away overnight.   It will be cold.  Thinking of cold winters reminds me of one winter working in Livingston:  that was the worst spell of winter weather I ever worked in.   My word it was rough;  there was about five hours in the middle of the day that you could enjoy working.  Even yet, when I pass Livingston, I shudder at the thought of that winter.   We travelled there (to Livingston) and back every day.   One morning we caught up with a man on a moped, both legs splayed out in case he came off:  he did, our driver (not me) passed too close to

him and we (in the back of the van) saw him falling into the ditch. In spite of us telling him, the driver didn’t stop;  his comment being... “you cannae halt progress”.    There was a funny kind of justice on the way home;  the driver’s door wouldn’t shut properly, and kept sliding ‘open’, until we stopped and tied it shut.    

It’s chocolate time.   


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....