Lovely sunrise ....

15th January 2022 (Saturday)   10.00 .... We had a bonnie sunrise this


morning;  and I thought we were in for a bonnie day, but the sky is overcast just now.    I’m hoping for sunny spells later ‘cos I want to potter around in the garden.

Everything was hushed on the beach this morning... even the birds.   Carol went past on her morning walk, and a dog out walking couple of humans;   it was just one of those quiet Elie and Earlsferry mornings.  

It’s coffee time.... after which I want to prune a bush;  the ‘broon’ bucket is empty.

16.00    We have two shorn Fuchsia bushes in the garden..... and the ‘broon’ bucket is no longer empty. Even though most of the day has been a quiet and restful, the fact that I have done a wee bit of work makes me a happy boy.   The weather has been mostly dull and cold, not ideal for gardening.... but, we did have  a brighter spell around midday.   The next couple of days are going to be bright and sunny;  good ‘activity days’.


19.00   My pair of walking shoes were delivered today;  they are comfortable, and the impact soles give them loads of bounce.....though I doubt if I’ll be able to make much use of that.    I’ll try them out tomorrow.    When I think about it I haven’t visited a shoe shop for, let’s think .... oh, five years or more.    Even my shopping habits are changing.    Before COVID I looked forward to a trip to Leven, when I’d do a ‘shopping’ then have coffee and a scone in Sainsbury’s Cafe;  and I haven’t been to Stuart’s Cafe in the High Street since December 2019.   Having to adapt to a different way of doing things is challenging.    Hopefully it will all sort itself out this summer, though I certainly won’t be able to have coffee in Sainsbury’s Cafe....where the cafe was, is now Argos (Leven).

‘Nae plan’ for tomorrow though it is going to be a brighter day.   I’ll have my usual


wander to the beach first thing, then see how the mood takes me.   The villages seem to be busy tonight.    I’m going to make the chocolate and browse the tele channels.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....