Damp .....

10th January 2022 (Monday)    07.30 .... It’s an overcast and damp start to


the day, though not actually raining;  having said that,  sunrise isn’t until 08.39 so it’s dark right now, with the street lights, and the occasional car brightening things up.   There’s an increasing chance of  ‘light rain and a fresh breeze’ as the day progresses,.... but mostly for the West of Fife.   Right now it’s just dark, damp and windless at Elie and Earlsferry.

09.30     I’ve been to the beach, and caught a nice ‘red sky in the morning etc’ sunrise.    There is the threat of light rain, and there’s a mauchless feel to the air;  not as bad as the other day, and it should improve when/if the wind freshens.   I’m not sure about going to Kinneuchar;  I'll have a cuppa then see what the weather is doing.


16.30    After a generally grey day, the afternoon ended brightly; there was a bit of red in it so a bonnie day ahead tomorrow.  Actually tomorrow could be a good drying day;  the forecast is for ‘wall to wall sunshine with a moderate breeze’.  That’s not exactly how the weather forecasters put it, but it’s going to be bright and sunny.  

I went to Kinneuchar for the kirk walk at 10.00,  though I didn’t do the actual walk;  however I think I’ll do the walk on Wednesday (St Minnins), because they are  short, comfortable speed walks.... and I might be able to cope with that.  That said, as soon as I get to the harbour at St Minnins I’ll be sidetracked, and end up going out on the middle pier.

There has been a touch of ‘mauchless’ this afternoon, so I didn’t go out; choosing instead to assist Sherlock Holmes.   I missed the end (nae surprise there), but feel refreshed after a braw cat-nap.

21.30    I’m looking forward to a sunny day tomorrow;  no ‘plan’ as to what I will do, but


I am sure that we will all enjoy the sun.   I might go up to Balcarres and take a walk round the Woodland walk.  On Wednesday I look forward to d doing the ‘St Minnins stroll’ with the kirk group;  ‘strolling’ is my speed nowadays.   When I was young I enjoyed running, now I enjoy strolling;    the speed  might be different, but the enjoyment is the same.   I’m feeling content, and ready for bed.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....