Bonnie morning, but cold .....

7th January 2022 (Friday)      10.00 ....It’s a bonnie mornin’ but it is cold.   I


went to the harbour for sunrise to be out of the wind.... there would be no shelter on the beach.   The sunrise wasn’t spectacular, in fact a cloud came over the sun at the crucial time, but we had a colourful sky.  I thought about going to the beach when I got back to Ivy, but the thought of a hot cuppa changed my mind.




18.30     Although it has been a lovely day, as in bright and sunny, it has also been bitterly cold, so I didn’t stray far from Ivy.    The remained in the Hutte.... and will do so until Spring has definitely spring.

I went up to the baker’s for bread at 10.30, then home by way of Balbuthie and Kinneuchar.    I then sorted the photos taken at the harbour in the morning before lunch.   This cold weather does now agree with me:  my blood must be thin..... in fact today it felt like it was water, and had frozen.    However that didn’t stop me loupin’ into


the car and going down to the harbour at sunset time;  not the warmest spot but awfie bonnie.    There was a number of cars in the Car Park and a lot of people wandering about; ..... probably the occupants of the cars.   The ones I spoke to were well wrapped up.    Funnily enough it wasn’t as cold as it had been at sunrise, in spite of the wind.   The wind had moderated a bit.





21.00   I’m not sure what I’ll do tomorrow: the weather is going to be warmer, but there the chance of light rain in the morning.  I have loads of different ‘projects’ to work on, but it all depends on what my mood is in the morning.   I think I’ll make tomorrow a relaxing, ‘rest day’.

The villages are getting back to the pre Christmas and New Year’s holiday ‘normal’, but,


reading all the news about COVID, it looks like it will be well into Spring before
the worst of this latest variant is over.  There is a glimmer of  light at the end of the tunnel....  it appears that there is no need for a fourth ‘jab’.... as things are at present: but it's a long tunnel.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....