Strong wind ....

29th January 2022 (Saturday)    07.00 .... The wind has freshened since I


got 
‘up’ and is forecast to continue to do so, up to F9 -10, until mid morning.    Not a pleasant morning to be on the beach;  it's F8 on Largo Bay just now.   There’s an Amber warning,  for strong winds, that covers the East Coast of Scotland.   Must go... ‘slight flap on’.... got a beach to visit: there's a sheltered spot that's well out of the wind.   

10.30    There was a ‘brisk’ wind when I first arrive on the beach... probably F10 out on the bay, but the wind was moderating by the time I came off the beach.   It’s still blustery but will be around F8 now.   It’s a nice mornin’, and isn’t that cold in spite of the wind.   I might go down again at high tide.

The  'sewer repair team’ appeared early this morning, to resurface the ‘hole’.... after repairing the sewer yesterday.   That’s quite impressive, when you think they actually lost a whole day at the beginning of the job.


21.30   Welll... Storm Malik brought us a blowy day, and.... according to the forecast another storm, Storm Corrie, is going to bring us a windy night on Sunday.   This is the ‘January gales’ season;   we should be thankful that January ends on Monday.  Let’s hope the gales end too:  I don’t want a ‘February gales’ season.

I did go to the beach at high tide.   It was only a wee tide (4.64 metres) so not up to the top of the beach.   It was really warm in the sun .... and out of the wind. In fact it would have been a bonnie Spring day... without the wind.  I abandoned the beach when a short, blustery shower came over.   

After lunch I went up to the Chemist to pick up my prescription.   I thought about going


to the harbour but there was too much salt spray in the wind.    And I was happy enough with the photos I got from the beach.

It’s Sunday tomorrow, so I could go ‘to the kirk’ online.   I tried the ‘online kirk’ last week but it never happened.   My first mission will be, to go for the paper, then visit the harbour.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....