'Cosy glow' sunrise ....

2nd January 2022 (Sunday)    10.30 .... we have another lovely start to the


day.... albeit a wee bit cooler than yesterday.   We had a ‘cosy glow’ sunrise on Elie and Earlsferry beach;  one of those magical, peaceful, sunrises that had me dreamin’.   It looks like it’s going to be another bonnie day, though cooler than yesterday:  which was the warmest New Years’ Day (UK) since records began.    I think I’ll have a walk up to the golf course after morrrrrrrrning coffee for a change of scene.


19.38    I’ve had a lazy day;  I never got to the golf course, in fact I never went out in the afternoon, I ended up watching a film and sorting out some of the many photographs I’ve taken over the past few days.   I did look out to see how busy the street was .... it was busy so I decided to go out later, then got carried away on the computer.   I also checked out the total number of photos take in 2021, which averaged out at 3678 per month.   Down on the beach, when the light is changing all the time, it’s impossible not to take photographs.   That total is less than I thought it would be, considering where we live, and that taking photographs has been my way of coping with COVID.  I must check out year 2019 and see what the total was for that year.   I did all this when I was backing up my photographs onto external hard drives.


I intend going to the beach first thing again tomorrow;  but might ‘spread my wings’ a bit later in the day if the streets are quieter;  and the weather amenable.     The forecast is for ‘light rain and a fresh breeze’.... hmmmm ... that probably means my ‘wings won’t be stretched’.   Oh well,  I’ll have another restful day.   I’m really tired again tonight so it will be another early night in bed;  I’m useless after a late night such as Hogmanay.   Usually I go to bed at 22.00 and read my book, answering the phone in bed.   This year I found the Ceilidh  from Stornoway, which went on until 01.30;  it was like the old fashioned Hogmanay’s on the tele.

I think it’s time to make the chocolate, then browse the tele channels.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....