Nice morning .....

9th January 2022 (Sunday)  11.30.... I am ‘bright eyed and bushy tailed’ this


morning....and I have been busy.  The paper has been uplifted, followed by a trip to ‘The Store’ in Ainster, and I was back in time to catch the sunrise, when I visited the harbour (Elie) on the way home.  Since then I have ‘been to the kirk’ (Zoom) (which I joined 20 minutes late).....  and taken Communion.

The sky has clouded over and it is threatening to rain.   I may go out later in the afternoon, but only as far as the beach.  


19.00    We ended up with a sunny late afternoon evening, after a couple of light rain showers, but I didn’t go out, having settled down to an afternoon of the computer and tele;  so, this has been a ‘rest day’.  

Re the ice 1924 Everest ice axe found by the 1933 Everest expedition:   It is believed that it was/is Irvine’s axe, because three linear notches on the handle matched notches on Irvine’s Army swagger stick.  So, Mallory’s ice axe is still somewhere up there on Mount Everest;  this info is from Issue 2 of the 1913 Zermatt Times.


20.30    There’s a ‘potter around Kinneuchar’ walk, starting from the kirk gate at 10.00 tomorrow morning, organised by one of the church activity groups.   I can’t walk very far, but I will go for a blether, and photograph around the Kirk and War Memorial area.   I have done that area before, but this would be at a different time of day, therefore a different ‘light’.   Mind you.... the forecast isn’t great for that time tomorrow;  a ‘chance of precipitation’.   I’ll see how thing are in the morning.

This has been an enjoyable day.... though not a very active one.    I did have a potter around the harbour, but that was ‘it’ as far as proper exercise went.   I depend on the bike as my main form of exercise, but that is out until Spring.   I guess I should eat less.

Today I set about making chocolate crispies;  well the first go at it was a disaster.... I


decided to melt the chocolate in the microwave.   Of course I didn’t read the ‘rools’ about melting chocolate in the microwave, so the first batch of chocolate ended up in the bucket (solid, way beyond melted).   The second lot I melted the traditional way, over a pan of boiling water, and now have ‘nearly crispy’ crispies.   Too much syrup.... didn’t read the ‘rools’ again.   Nae syrup  next time.   They say ‘practice makes perfect’;  I’m not bothered aboot perfect.... I just want something crispy and edible.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....