Bright and breezy ....

19th January 2022 (Wednesday)     07.30 .... It’s a nice morning, but there is


a frisky breeze which is forecast to freshen so it will feel cold;  it is cold.   I’m having a cuppa before my pre breakfast stroll to the beach.   Sunrise is at 08.30.....  but the sky is mostly clear so it should be a quiet one;  sunrise that is.

10.30    We have a cracker of a ‘bright and sunny’ day;  but, there is s frisky wind so there is wind chill.  It’s a nice day for working around the garden ..... or for ‘going out to play’.

We had another bonnie sunrise.... not quite as impressive as yesterday’s one but bonnie in a quieter way.   It was the setting moon I kept my eye on;  and I eventually got the photo I wanted;  and a few more.    By the time I got back to Ivy it was too late to go to St Monans for the walk.


21.30    Having spoken to Davie (Budd) yesterday, and getting the whiff of paint in my nostrils I have decided to tidy up the front windows to make Ivy Cottage look better for the summer.    I don’t think I’ll be brave enough to climb a ladder but I can make the windows look better;  until I can afford to have them replaced.    It’s a cosmetic exercise.

I had a run down to the harbour in the afternoon, where I found Steve working on yacht ‘Sidiki’.   As it usually is it was cold down there, but nevertheless a good afternoon for working.   I chatted for a while, and took  a few photos;  before leaving Steve to get on with his work.   I louped into the car and went back home.....  to a hot cuppa.

 I must remember to buy a ‘black pen’ tomorrow:  a form, that the postie delivered (from Glenrothes)


the other day has to be signed with a black pen.   I assume that means a pen with black ink.... not a ‘black pen’ with blue ink:  Which I have.   It’s tricky business dealing with officialdom.

Today I managed to get the photograph that I have been after for a while;  the moon above the toon hall spire.    It probably happens fairly regularly, but this morning was the first morning that I felt that it might happen.   I manoeuvred around a bit till it was ‘spot on’;  I am well pleased. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....