Frost ......

4th January 2022 (Tuesday)     08.00 .... The car being covered in rime tells


me that it’s frosty outside, so it won’t be moving until the sun is high enough in the sky to clear the windscreen (I'm not keen on wind screen scraping).   We do have a clear sky just now so the sun should be on the windscreen by 09.30.   The breeze is going to freshen, up to ‘strong’ by midday, so there will be considerable wind chill.   It is not going to be very cosy out.    Strong wind with sleet showers is the forecast;   That should mean interesting clouds.   I’ll be well wrapped up when I go to the beach for sunrise.

11.00    There’s warmth in the sunshine now, and the wind hasn’t freshened so not too much wind chill;  I might get the bike out after lunch.   Havin' said that;   when I was on the beach this morning, although it was cold, my breathing was fine:  in the past hour that has changed and I’ve had to resort to the blue ‘puffer’.   Strange.   I’m assuming it’s because of traffic and the cold air keeping the fumes low.  I was feeling frisky, now, though I still feel frisky, I can’t frisk.   Even to my low level of frisking.   It’s morning coffee time ....that will get me going again.


19.00    My word it has been cold today;  the garden thermometer never got above 4C.    There was a wind so wind chill made it feel colder.  I thought about going out on the bike but it was too cold, so I took the car for a run intending to stop at Kinneuchar but decided it was too cold to leave the, by now, cosy car.   The biggest surprise I got when I was out was the amount of cars in Elie:  jings it looked like this was the start of the holiday ....not the end.

When I got back to Ivy I had a cuppa then had a short walk on the beach.... which was surprisingly busy.   Everybody was well wrapped up;  by this time there was a frisky wind.   I thought about going out at sunset time but settled down to watch (and fall asleep) an episode of ‘Poirot’.   I fell asleep about 15 minutes before the end, so, although I think I know who the ‘naughty’ was, I don’t really know.

It’s going to be cold and sunny tomorrow;  I suppose the best thing for me to do would be


to take the car up to Robin Gray’s and go for a walk in the Den.   The last time I tried to do that I couldn’t get ‘moored up’ for other cars in my secret, quiet, parking place.

‘M’ (NZ) has had an overnight leak under her house and woke up to water on the bedroom floor.  Luckily it is summer time out in NZ so it should dry up quickly once it is fixed, but it’s still a highly stressful situation to be in.   She was away to phone the insurer when we signed off on Skype.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....