Bright and breezy (so is the weather) ....

27th January 2022 (Thursday)      07.30 .... the wind has moderated, and not


as cold as I thought it would be;  that said it is still windy so this will be a ‘wrap up well’ day.... but we can expect sunshine.  

15.30   The company working on the sewer at Ferry Corner, had to bring in a huge vacuum to do the excavating, as they had come across other pipes and stuff using the mechanical digger.    This ‘oover is one powerful brute;  it sooks up rocks and everything else.   If it had a big enough nozzle, I’m sure it could clear my attic.   Yesterday was a ‘lost day’ as they had to arrange for the “sooper ‘oover” to come and do the job.    The Main Office is in Cheshire, but they have depots in Scotland.   I don’t know where it trundled its way from, but  big progress has been made today.


I’ve been busy, on what is a gorgeous day.   I went to the beach for to catch the sunrise;  then had breakfast before loupin’ into the car and going up to Elie.    I came home by way of Kinneuchar, where I stopped to take a few photos.   In my excitement I forgot about Jean coming to pick up Ann and Bob’s key;  but all was well:  Jean went to another job then came back to The Ferry.   We’re still ‘in love’.

We are going to the 19th this afternoon, at 05.00, so I’d better think about getting ready.   I’ll put the kettle ‘on’.

20.30     We had an enjoyable couple of hours in the 19th Hole for Kirsty’s birthday;  as ever the food was excellent.   I had chicken with some kind of sauce and all the trimmings..... my word it was tasty.    I left a clear plate.    Kirsty and I had ice cream,  and Myra and Geoff coffee.   It was good being ‘normal’ again;  good company, food and ambience.   Loved it.

It was good seeing the 19th busy with folk coming in for a pint after work;  the place was


hummin’.   There was something old fashioned about it.

I’m wondering what to do about the broon bucket being collected tomorrow, because the ‘bucket cairt’ won’t be able to come down Ferry Road.   I’ll think take it down to the High Street.

I've checked the Fife Council Bin site and it's the 'Bloo' bucket tomorrow;  and it is near enough empty. 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....