Light touch of frost ....

21st January 2022 (Friday)    07.30 .... We have a bonnie start to the


morning;  oh, there’s a light coating of rime on the car, but that should lift quickly once the sun is up.    I’m having a cuppa before going for my morning walk to the beach;  sunrise is at 08.27.    It will be cool down there..... even though there is only a light breeze.

11.00    ‘Sunrise time’ on the beach was lovely;   quiet, with a colourful sky, and it wasn’t too cold, though there was a brisk breeze.  Actually, I could feel the warm rays of the sun on the back of my neck as I left the beach.... and that was only ten minutes after the sun had risen.

 I didn’t go for the ‘kirk’ walk.  I didn’t even go to the seats overlooking the harbour;   the asthma kicked when I was crossing Elie High Street on my way to the ‘paper shop’.   So, after a couple of ‘shots’ o’ the ‘bloo’ puffer.... I went to Ardross and did the shopping.   I might have a daunder to the beach after lunch.   


20.30    This has been another bonnie (and sometimes busy) day;  though I found it cold.   I went up to Elie (in the car) o post a letter, and ended up going up to Balcarres and having a run down through the estate.  I noticed that Storm Arwen had brought a couple of spruce trees down near the Family Chapel;  the huge beech trees with deep roots were fine.

On the way through Kinneuchar I stopped to get a couple of pictures of the Kinneuchar Inn lit up by the low setting sun.  Everywhere was hushed, apart from the main roads;  they are busy no matter where you are.    I only saw one person on Balcarres, but it was later in the afternoon and everyone would be getting ready for the evening meal;  it was sunset time. 

Oh.... I’ve just remembered that I have a load of this morning’s photographs to sort out;  that will keep me happy for the remainder of the evening:  I can’t find anything on the tele that I fancy watching.    I’ll make the chocolate and have a browse.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....