Mild ....

23rd January 2022 (Sunday)      07.30 .... there’s a lot of cloud about,

Janice and Mike at the Forester's.

and  there’s a frisky breeze this morning.... but... it is mild for the time of year.   I’m going to loup into the car and go for the paper in a wee while;  I might take a run to the harbour.... for a change of sunrise time sky.   Oh ... I’m feeling brighter again after a bit of a ‘heid cauld’.... having gone to the beach with only a lightweight woollie hat on, one exciting morning last week.   Silly boy.

09.30    There was never going to be a visible sunrise this morning;  the sky being heavily overcast at the time..... actually, the sky is still heavily overcast and it looks like the sun isn’t going to be visible at all today.... but at it is not cold.    I didn’t go to the beach,  but did go for the paper and then on to Ainster to do a shopping at ‘The Store’.   The car can’t be ‘moored up’ on Ferry Road this week so I don’t want to have to carry heavy messages any distance.... so I am well stocked up: with food too.   I’d better go and put said messages away before getting ready to ‘go to the kirk’.... i.e. make a mug o’ coffee.

19.00    I’ve moored up the car the car at the Town Hall;  so that Ferry Road is clear for action for this week.   (I’m looking forward to some action shots of work in progress).    I’ll take the car out if I need to but that won’t be very often;   I have plenty that needs doing around Ivy.


The beach was busy this afternoon ... oh we had a ‘sunny spell’;  I’d like to say ‘a warm sunny spell’ but it wisnae, so I didn’t linger.   I am really surprised at how busy the villages are this month:  January is usually a quiet month.    Even my ‘quiet places’ are busy.   I was going to have a walk up Balcarres Den, starting from Robin Gray’s cottage; but there was a mobile home moored up in the wee car park that I use.   So I trundled back home and moored up the car.

‘M’ (NZ) was telling me tonight that New Zealand is experiencing a big increase (by their standards) in cases of the Omicron variant;  which began in  Auckland  and has moved out.... with cases in Nelson on the South Island: Worrying times for ‘M’.

Nae plan for tomorrow... though I should get down to the beach in the morning;  we


might have a visible sunrise.   The forecast is good.    I’ll be concentrating on the action on Ferry Road etc.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....