Quiet morrrrrrrrrrrrrning .....

24th January 2022 (Monday)    07.30 .... Anticipating a good drying day I


have a washing going through the machine;  the Eastern sky is starting to lighten, I am on my second cup o’ tea, and there’s a light ‘drying breeze’.   Sunrise might not be visible due to low cloud, but I will have a walk to the seat on the beach, and ponder. 

11.30    It was quiet of the beach.... and warm for the time of year.   Carol was out for her morning walk;  she was saying that, “if it gets much warmer she will have to dig out her shorts”.   Maybe that wasn’t ‘iggzactly’ what she said, but she did comment on it being warm.

Things are happening at Ferry Road;   Ferry Road is being used as a vehicle park, with the actual works happening at  ‘the crossroads’.... the junction with the High Street.   Must go out with the camera in the afternoon.


21.00    I’ve had a funny old day;  couldn’t seem to ‘get into gear’.   Oh I did things but I wasn’t ‘fired up’.   Mind you, I went out with the camera and enjoyed a daunder up to the ‘Pony Field;  there was a mix of clouds a sunny bits when meant an interesting ‘light’.   By the time I was back in Ivy I was well ‘fired up’.    Since then I have prepared the tautties and vegetables for a session in the kitchen (tomorrow) making chicken casserole ready meals, for the freezer.

I was talking to one of the workmen and he was telling me that the preparatory work has been done, and that it will be noisier tomorrow... when the real work begins.   I’m going to take the car to Elie tomorrow;  I’ve got to drive the two way Ferry High Street and Links Place at least once.   We (Maggie and me) did it before it was made one way, so, it has to be done this week,  for ‘old time sake’ this week. 

This evening I was ordering stuff from Amazon (hand-warmers) and ended up with three


boxes in the ‘Basket’ where I wanted only one.   I eventually managed to cancel two of them, and have one box of hand-warmers arriving on Sunday or Monday.   That was a stressful half hour.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....