Breezy (F6) ....

31st January 2022 (Monday)    07.30 .... Last night’s wind has moderated to a


frisky F6 (Largo Bay), and it looks like we’re going to have a bonnie, slightly cool, day.   I’m going to Cupar in the afternoon; but .... right now, I’m going to begin my day with a daunder to the beach to catch the sunrise.  

10.30    There was a touch of frost in the air when I was on the beach;   I wasn’t cold (‘cos I was like a polar bear wearing a ski suit),..... and we had a lovely sunrise, with interesting clouds and light.   Now I suppose I’d better start thinking of Cupar, ‘cos I’m too late for the Kinneuchar walk.

The IPSUM Team are doing things, with a  ‘drain sooker’ at Ferry Corner;  they should be finish the job today.   Slight ‘flap on’; it’s morrrrrrrrning coffee time, .... before I think of Cupar.   

20.30    The sewer repair at Ferry Corner  is ‘done and dusted’, the cones have been uplifted and the road system is back to normal.   Things are quiet again in ‘The Ferry’.


I had a pleasant trip up to Cupar .... and back.   The Adamson may be half an hour away, but, they don’t mess about up there;  the longest I’ve been in the hospital is five minutes.   I always come home via Ceres;  for two reasons.   The Fudge doughnut factory is on the Ceres Road.... and I think Ceres is a picturesque village.  It seemed pointless buying just one doughnut at the ‘FD’ factory .... so I bought two.   One for me and the other for ‘JB’;  just in case he turns up for a surprise visit.   When I think of it;  ‘JB’ is nearly 500 miles away and fudge doughnuts don’t have a long shelf life!   I will force myself to ‘yield to temptation’, and scoff the second one tomorrow.

I’ve had a non-stop day since I got up at 05.45 and I am now shattered;  so it’s an early night in bed for ‘The Boy’.

Tomorrow’s plan is to go out on the bike;  the forecast is  good apart from one element; 


the wind.   We are in for another windy day, but .... it is going to be warm for this time of year. I’ll get the bike out and take a turn round The Ferry in the morning.

The postie brought a letter from ‘Nextdoor, Elie St Monans and Pittenweem’ today.    It seems to be a good idea, and I would have joined up;  but Earlsferry isn’t on it.   Orf to make the chocolate.   Oh I am a looking forward to pottering around on the bike again.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....