Lovely day ....

14th January 2022 (Friday)     11.00 .... The day began with a bonnie sunrise,


and it is now a bonnie day.    I had walk on the beach for sunrise, then went to the shop to get the paper.... and the baker for bread.   From there I went to the harbour, then back up to Elie in time for the beginning of the ‘Kirk walk’.    The walks are a brilliant idea to get folk up and out, for a breath of fresh air, and a half hour, (or so) stroll round one of three villages.  The walks are on Monday, Wednesday and Friday starting at 10.00;  Monday is Kinneuchar, Wednesday St Monans and Friday Elie.  The walks are a great way of meeting people to have a chat:  “Thank You” Rev Douglas (Creighton) for our friendly chatty walks.   Having said that I didn’t go on today’s walk because my breathing was bad on the first two, and I thought today would be the same.   Strangely enough my breathing was perfect this morning;  the same as everyone else’s, until I arrived at the shops and the traffic;  when the tubes tightened up instantly. 

16.00    The sky clouded over after lunch, and it became ‘raw cauld’ so I never ‘out to play’.   I enjoyed my trip up to Elie in the morning but decided to stay around Ivy, pottering around the garden:  I didn’t do very much physical work but did a lot of dreamin’.   Oh ... and I fell asleep watching the ‘News’.   It has been a restful day;  and I think it's time for the kettle.



22.00    I’ve had a strange kind of day; and it has ended with a migraine so tomorrow is going to be a ‘rest day’.   I’ve just been looking at the photos of the ‘kirk walk’ and noticed that Irene was on today’s walk;  imagine not noticing Irene.   I am a silly boy.   I have ordered a pair of walking shoes, with cushioned soles and Hydropel Technology (probably keeps water out).   They are on their way and should be delivered in time for the next St Monans walk.

Well... I’ve had my chocolate and am ready for bed.   I should sleep well as I’ve had a couple of pills.    No plan for tomorrow.... other than it’s a ‘rest day’.   The weather for tomorrow is more or less a re-run of today’s weather;  but Sunday and Monday look like being sunny;  and good drying days.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....