Overcast and grey ....

11th December 2021 (Saturday)    10.30 .... we had a red sky this morning,


but that quickly disappeared to us with an heavily overcast, grey one.   Rain is forecast to arrive by midday;  it certainly looks like it isn’y far away.   I went for the paper early, then walked up to the post box, and down to and home by way of the beach.   The beach was busy;  the girls were swimming...... they swim every morning;  Carol was out for her morning walk, with a few dog walkers dotted all along the beach.   

Since then I’ve been busy in the kitchen making ‘ready meals’ for the freezer.   I doubt if I’ll go out again;  certainly not if it’s raining.

18.30    My word .... we have had a dreich day;  it was a day for working, on the computer and the kitchen.   I did both.

Today I did my first Lateral flow test.... it was ‘clear’.....so, it is ‘fool proof’, in fact it’s ‘Alberto proof’ so it must be easy.    The worst bit, for me, was getting the bits and pieces oot o’ the wee plastic bags.    Understanding the ‘rool’s was straightforward;  and now that I’ve done the first test, any other tests will be a dawdle.  

23.00    It’s still damp out, but not cold;  in fact it’s going to be ‘warm’ (for the time of year) for the next few days.   I’m hoping for a sunnier day tomorrow.... though the forecast isn’t great.


I’ve had a lazy evening in front of the tele.   Oh ...I had a phone call from Amazon:  as soon as I heard the word Amazon I put down the phone, because it would be a scam call.  There’s one, claiming to be Amazon (I rarely use Amazon), doing the ‘rounds’ just now:  And don’t answer any calls that are ‘International’ or numbers I don’t recognise unless someone leaves a message on the Answer machine.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....