Chance of a sunny spell ....

22nd December 2021 (Wednesday)    09.00 .... This morning,  at

Jackie photographing Collieston.

Auchnagatt, looking south we have bank of low loud with a clear sky above it, and a heavily overcast sky to the North.    Unfortunately the Northern sky appears to be slowly moving south so it looks like we’re in for a dull day:  light rain is forecast for later in the afternoon.     I’m hoping for a sunny spell, once the sun rises above a bank of low cloud, so that I can have a daunder to the end of the drive.

14.00    Iain had to go to Ellon to put fuel in the car so we, Jackie, Iain and me, had a run out to Collieston to take a few photographs.  The sky had clouded over by this time and, being at the seaside, it was cauld.  We didn’t go into the village, choosing instead to photograph Collieston from the Cransdale Viewpoint... adjacent to the visitor’s car park.  We have ‘done’ Collieston on sunny days, when the beach was busy.   It wasn’t busy today... in fact I only saw two other people moving;  and they were coming back to their car.   Cransdale Point would be a good place to have a wee explore on a warm sunny day!   Today the three of us rapidly ‘clicked’ off a batch of photographs, and were glad to get back to the warm car.  I will be going into ‘rest mode’ after this update.

Collieston from Cransdale Point.

19.00    There’s a warning for icy roads tomorrow morning;  forecasters expect overnight rain to freeze on the cold road surface.  Thursday and Friday are also forecast to be wet so good days for doing things on the computer.  The external hard drive, that I forgot to bring with me, would have been very useful.



22.00    Tonight I played 9 holes in 9 under par (Wii Golf) so I am really happy tonight;   happy that I changed to playing with the left hand.  

Jackie and Iain are going shopping early tomorrow;  they’ll probably be back before I


am out of bed:  I have slept ‘in’ every morning so far.    It’s going to be cold overnight, and rain is forecast for tomorrow with the threat of ice so I won’t be going out.    Plenty to do on the computer.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....