Overcast and warm ....

15th December 2021 (Wednesday)     10.00 .... the sky is overcast just now,


but we should get a few sunny spells later;  it’s really warm (for the time of year) ... 10C on the garden thermometer.   I had a pleasant,  ‘walk’ to the beach at sunrise time.... met Pat, Dora and Carol out for their morning walk.   The plan (after a cuppa), is to loup in the car and deliver some cards.   (note to me;  remember to pick up Lexie for Colinsburgh Lunch).

15.30    I received shocking news today:  a good friend of mine,  Alistair (Stewart), Monica’s husband, died suddenly yesterday afternoon.   I would, see Alistair outside the ‘paper shop’, and when he and Monica did a tour of the villages in the car.   Alistair, was one of those quiet men, who was always ‘there’, with a happy smile and cheery word:  and .... he was a keen cyclist in his youth.  Alistair will be sadly missed by all who knew him.    My thoughts, and prayers, are with Monica, and the family, at this sad time.

19.00    For those of you worrying about me forgetting Lexie:  I didn’t (forget Lexie).   So I am safe until the 20th January.   From that you will have gathered that the Colinsburgh Lite Lunch was ‘on’ .... with the usual mask wearing ‘rools’ and signing in etc.  As ever,


both food and company was excellent.... and the waitresses pleasant and chatty.    It was a really happy hour.

We did have a sunny spell  after lunch, but I didn’t bother taking the bike out;  I found an old film to watch on ‘81’;   I’ll catch the end of it the next time it’s on.




22.00    It looks like my Christmas holiday is ‘on’ ....unless there’s a sudden, and serious, change in the ‘rools’;  and I don’t think that will happen until after Christmas.    I’d better pack my case .... no... tomorrow is only Thursday, and Jackie isn’t picking me up until Saturday lunch time(ish).    I’ll do the packing on Friday.    Slight ‘flap on’ now .... it’s chocolate time.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....