Beautiful, peaceful and warm morning ....

30th December 2021 (Thursday)    09.30 .... my word .... we have absolute


cracker of a morning;  hardly any wind (not a handy for anyone wanting to dry a washing), warm for the time of year, with the occasional light shower.   The showers should fade away by 10.00, the wind freshen .... and I will hang out the washing.

The beach is busy with dog walkers and joggers this morning;  they bring   my photographs to ‘life’.    I never left ‘The Seat’ this morning;  in fact I wish I’d taken a mug o’ coffee with me;  it was a perfect  morning for dreaming.   I did.

I’m feeling ‘back to normal’ this morning.... I even remembered to take my pills.   When I say ‘back to normal’ I mean ‘Planet Alberto’ normal.    I’m orf to hang out the washing.

11.00    One of my Christmas presents was a jar of ‘Queen Catherine’s Honey’, from Emily (my Granddaughter) and John in Somerset.   Last night I had a teaspoonful in my bedtime chocolate; and I had a really deep sleep.   I didn’t wake up until 07.30.   I’ll be having a teaspoonful every night before bedtime.


Another of my presents (from Michael and Janice)... a 3D Model Puzzle of the Flying Scotsman, I shall contemplate further before opening the box.   I might wait until  someone with younger hands visits, then I can ‘advise’, and take the finished photograph!

I’m thinking of getting the bike out after ‘morrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrning coffee’;  I have a new safety helmet to test run;  up to Chapel Green.    It’s is a perfect fit, with the woollen hat that Lexie gave me to wear under it.  

The wind has freshened, and the showers appear to have moved away;  it’s a good drying day.

15.00    My test run  wearing the helmet ... and the High Visibility vest (Christmas prezzie from Jackie and Iain), was complete success.    The woollen hat kept my heid and lugs warm, the helmet fits snugly and comfortably.... and there’s nae hidin’ place wearing the HV vest.    I’m ready for Spring.   Actually it feels quite Spring like today;  but not as Spring like as it is down in Sunny Sussex.... and Somerset!

20.30    This has been a really good day;  the washing ‘nearly dried’, and has been


ironed and now airing on horse thing.    I ordered stained glass colouring books (3), and two of them were delivered today.   One of the books has the drawing on translucent sheets of paper.... they should look reasonably realistic.   Jim, Alan and I recorded many Fife kirks, including the stained glass, and was hooked on stained glass windows.   When I’m down south I like to potter around Sussex churches.

The villages seem to be awfie busy now;  I’m thinking the bike will remain in the Hutte until the ‘holiday’ is over.... I think everyone starts back at work on the 5th.   Light showers are forecast for tomorrow, so we could have an interesting sky. 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....