Brilliant start to the day .....

17th December 2021 (Friday)   10.00 .... my word... what an absolutely


stunning morning on the beach:  I think I know how Alice felt when she stepped through the mirror into Wonderland;  it was magical.   Lucky for me I had the camera with me!   Elie and Earlsferry beach at its bonniest.  

I have to thank the travel industry for the sky;  the vapour (pollution) trails certainly brightened up what would have been a plain(but healthier) sky.   They brought the sky to ‘life’ albeit in a ‘naughty’ kind of way.   From a camera point of view I loved it.

19.00    The pre Christmas Lunch (Kirsty’s treat) at the 19th Hole was superb;  the food always is at the 19th.... but there was a Christmassy atmosphere, and, although the pub wasn’t busy.... apart from Fraser, who was busy putting up the outside Christmas lights, and singing like a lintie (linnet) (that last bit might be ‘fake news’).... so social distancing was never a problem.   The happy atmosphere made us forget all about the


pandemic;  and it was good being able to unwind and forget about the reason we had to wear masks moving around.   Geoff was feeling under the weather and had to cancel so there was only the three of us.   Thank you Kirsty, for a lovely treat;  big hugs after this pandemic is over.

22.30     The bag is nearly packed ready to go up to Auchnagatt tomorrow morning.    Jackie is picking me up on her way back from Glasgow, where she is picking up Catriona.   

This has been a really beautiful day, from sunrise through to sunset... bright and sunny, with hardly any wind, so we had reflections.  I had a great time with the camera, great food and company at the 19th; this has been a perfect day.   Now I can look forward to my ‘oliday.   

Iain phoned to say that Jackie should arrive about 10.00;   Catriona (student) is going to


be ‘up and runnin’ at 08.00!     I’ll have the kettle ‘on’ at 09.30.   The forecast is good for tomorrow again .... ‘sunny intervals with a gentle breeze’ for KY9:  and it’s the same for Auchnagatt, so it will be a good day for travelling.

I’m having my chocolate as I type, content after a happy day.   What a difference it makes when you can see the sun!

 



Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....