Calm morning ....

5th December 2021 (Sunday)   10.00 .... It was low tide when I was on the


beach so I ventured all the way out to the edge of the tide.    There was never going to be a visible sunrise, but there was a bonnie ‘light’ about and an interesting sky;  I enjoyed myself.   It was warmer than I expected it to be.... and the beach was busy considering the time.   We should have sunny spells later;   I might take a walk down to have a seat in the sun, with a mug of coffee.


19.00    The clouds broke up by mid morning to give us a bonnie day;  I thought about going out on the bike but decided to keep going with the cards.   The overseas ones have been done, so I’ll take a trip to Anstruther to post them tomorrow.  

I decided to have a break in the afternoon, and set out for the bottle bank at Woodhaven; when I got to The Toft (I was contemplating going to the harbour) the sun was low in the sky, with only about 20 minutes to go until sunset time so I moored up the car, and


enjoyed a quiet 20 minutes, or so, waiting for the Western horizon coming up to cover the sun.   It wasn’t a spectacular sunset but it was a bonnie peaceful one.    I was talking to a lassie who had been out on her bike for a run on her bike.... she did the St Andrews, Crail, then back to Elie circuit.   That was one of my training runs: another being Cupar, Perth, Dundee then home via St Andrews and Crail.    I was fit in those days.... we all were.    Oh .... I never got to the bottle bank.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....