Overcast and wet ....

29th December 2021(Wednesday)   10.00....I decided to go to ‘The Store’


first thing this morning, then be back home in time to go to the beach for sunrise.... and before the rain came.   There was never going to be a visible ‘sunrise’ due to low cloud, but we had a bonnie pre sunrise sky.   There was/is a brisk breeze blowin’ and it was good to see the beach busy with dog walkers and joggers.   Since then the rain has arrived, as was forecast, so we now have a grey and wet day.   The wind is going to freshen in the afternoon, and the rain clear away overnight.




15.00    Jings..... the sun had broken through so I thought I’d go for a walk to the beach;  by the time I got organised it was raining again.   I think it’s only a shower so I’ll stay on ‘alert’ mode.    That means I’ll try to not fall asleep.

After the rain.

20.30    I did eventually get to the beach in the afternoon..... and it was busy with folk glad to get out after the rain.   Barbara and Chris came down with ‘Skye’, so I chatted to them for a bit:  I think Chris said that he didn’t start work again until the 5th January.  If only I’d thought (thinkin’ isn’t one of my strong points) I’d have taken a photo of them with the lighthouse in the background.    When I’m down the beach I only take general shots of the action.   I think the last time I took a ‘close up’ of anybody was Dod, and his brother Hector,  on Remembrance Day.

I was an hour late in contacting ‘M’ (New Zealand) tonight;  yep.... I was sound asleep in front of the tele.   I woke up and wondered where everybody was;   I thought I was still at Auchnagatt!    I’m always the same after travelling;  I should be ‘bright eyed and bushy tailed’ tomorrow.    Tomorrow, though not forecast to be the best of ‘drying days’, it looks like being the best I’ll get before 2022, so .... tomorrow is washing day.

Moan ahead :  I am not happy with the ‘Americanising’ of the UK that’s going on at an ever increasing rate just now.    Or.... is it only me that thinks this is happening?    China, Russia and even Europe are our ‘enemies’ (politicians need ‘enemies’ to take the eye off what’s happening in their own country) while the USA, is our ‘special relationship’ friend.   Maggie and  I bought a book, ‘The Hidden Persuaders’ by Vance Packard,  in the 1960’s (first published in 1957) and it warned, away back then, of the danger of advertising on TV .   My word how prophetic he was, when you see the amount of advertising, (and subtle propaganda), not only on the television,  but  on mobile phones and computers, it’s almost ‘evil’.    We live in sneaky times.   Don't get me wrong;  I'm happy to be friends with the USA.... I just not happy about being anti European.  Moan over.

I’m a happy boy tonight, another good night’s sleep and I should be ready to ‘rock ‘n roll


tomorrow.   Welll ... after I do the washing;  I’ll be even happier if it dries!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....