Bright, breezy and cool .....

1st December 2021 (Wednesday)  08.00 .... Mmmmmm .... there’s much


‘dreichness’ just now;  all is grey and wet;  but .... this will change and we should have sunny spells by mid morning.    I looked out at 05.30, saw the dampness, gave ‘Blob’ a digestive snack, on top of the broon bucket, and went back to bed;  eventually getting ‘up’ at 07.15.  

11.00     I’m a ‘happy bunny’;  after the dreich beginning, we now have a bright, breezy, and cold morning with loads on interesting clouds.   It’s too cold to go out on the bike, so I went for the paper in the car.... and down to the harbour.   The wind is from the Northeast so the harbour isn’t the warmest place to be, but there are sheltered corners.

The car road tax was due this morning so that has been done (online);  and,... the ‘Troops’ are going to Myra’s for lunch, so no food to prepare.  


17.30   We, The Troops’ enjoyed a fabulous ‘Ardross’ lunch  at Myra’s;  Chicken pie with all the trimmings, followed by an Ardross sweet (like a Lemon Meringue Pie but it wasn’t);  puku was a happy puku at the end of it.    Ken (Weir), from Kinneuchar, was there so we were able to discuss Kinneuchar as well as Elie and Earlsferry.  We did see a barge, bumbling up and down the Firth, with two jackets aboard.... and some folk coming up from the beach, and others going down to the beach.   It was a beautiful afternoon but very cold.

When I got back to Ivy Shona came down the High Street;   she was frozen, having been for a walk on the beach, so we went into Ivy and had a cuppa and blether.   Nothing much is ‘appening in Shona’s world.    It seems that that there’s nothing ‘appening anywhere. 

 09.00    I have enjoyed my ‘today’, but I am really really tired tonight;  probably


because I haven’t  had a catnap all day.    Tomorrow (it's going to be a ‘rest day’) is going to be another ‘bright, breezy and cold’ day.   I’ll go somewhere, in the car, to get a few photographs from some sheltered corner.   It’s browse the tele time...and, I might as well have my chocolate ‘cos I’ll probably fall asleep.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....