Back at the COTU ....

28th December 2021 (Tuesday)     14.00 .... I arrived back in the ‘Centre of

Aberdeen harbour at 07.30.

the Universe’ at 10.00, after a quiet trip down from Auchnagatt.   We dropped Catriona off at Aberdeen Railway Station well in time to get the London train, then went out the Girdleness Road to allow the sky to lighten before setting off on the road to Ivy.    We were overlooking the harbour (Aberdeen) so that was well photographed even though it was dark.    Jackie had a break at Ivy, taking a walk to the beach, and having a cuppa before making for her Mum and Dad’s in Glasgow.

I had been ‘worrying’ about the car starting but it started first time;  I have ‘Home Start’ with the RAC anyway..... and I went up for milk and the paper.   I had thought of going shopping but I am too tired to do that just now:  that will be tomorrow’s mission.   The unpacking has been done, and the washing is ready to go;  once I find a good ‘drying day’.   Right now it’s ‘rest time’:  I might have a walk to the beach when I surface.


18.00    My word .... the beach was busy when I was down there at sunset time.   It was a lovely, balmy kind of evening;  a perfect evening for  a stroll along the beaches.    I had a walk down to the water’s edge then went up to Carol’s seat, and just sat there unwinding.

I’ll have an early night in bed:  I’m tired even though I wasn’t driving.   I did have a migraine first thing this morning, and that means a sluggish day.   

I really enjoyed my holiday at Auchnagatt;  the weather wasn’t the best, but being in a ‘family group’ again, with normal conversations was really pleasurable;  but .... I must make enquiries about a hearing aid (once the threat of  COVID is past) .... then I’d enjoy  group conversation even more.

20.30    Well .... I am one tired bunny, after a busy day.   Tomorrow is going to be  day of rest, though I might do a small shopping;  I had intended doing the washing tomorrow but I’ve just see the weather forecast, and tomorrow is not going to be a drying day.  

It looks like this week is going to be another one for elderly people keeping ‘heads



below the parapet’, at the rate the COVID is spreading.    Right now, I’m orf to get my head resting on the pillow;  the ‘plan’ is to get up early tomorrow and go for the paper.... then check out the harbour area.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....