Brighter morning ....

20th December 2021 (Monday)   10.00....We have a brighter, drier day;

Lunchtime.

   might even have sunny spells, as there is some blue patches in the, mostly overcast, sky.    There’s nae wind–chill, ‘cos there’s nae wind.

Jings, .... I can sleep up here; this is the second morning I haven’t woken up until 08.45.   e played Wii golf last night, but, oh dear;  I’m going to have to find away to overcome my arthritic hand.... especially at the putting.

17.30    I went out for a walk this morning and ended up chatting to two tractor-men sitting in their tractors having lunch;  attached to each tractor was a modern dung spreader.    That brought memories back of, what are now, 'the good old days’ of a farm when the byre midden was spread over the fields by ‘hand’;  i.e with farm servants, wielding a graip (large farming fork), spreading dung heaps;  heaps that had been raked from the back of a horse drawn cart, (there was a special graip for doing this).   I remember my Dad telling the horse to ‘walk on’ after a dung heap had been pulled off the cairt;  the horse would walk the appropriate number of steps and stop without having to be told ‘whoa’.   I don’t suppose the horse could count, but it knew just how far to walk between heaps.   Dung spreading in those ‘good old days’ was a slow, dirty, physical job;  not so nowadays.   I daresay the two tractor-men will see me coming in future and move off.   I enjoyed talking to them.

'Backhill of Inkhorn'.

19.00   I have had another restful day;  but I did have some exercise when I walked up to chat to the tractor-men.    Since then I have done some research on the computer, watched  and videoed Iain’s trains;  he has been wiring up track etc to a baseboard and was testing it.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....