Damp .....

31st December 2021 (Friday)   07.30 .... It may be warm in ‘Sunny Sussex’,


but it is not very warm here; it’s wet and cold .... not a bonnie morning.   The rain should move away by the afternoon and it will be much warmer.   I might hibernate for 12 hours;  ‘the boy’ certainly won’t be going far in the morning.    It’s breakfast time.

11.00    Yessss .... the sun is breaking through and it’s warm.   I’d go out but I have a delivery coming sometime before 21.00.    Unless I get a more accurate ‘delivery time’ I’d better hang around Ivy.   The van has left Dundee that I do know.   Must ‘go’... slight flap on now;  it’s morrrrrrrrrrrning coffee time.

17.00    The sun tried hard to break through after the rain stopped, but we only had a few short sunny spells;  at least it was dry.  The beach was my choice of place to take my last photos of 2021 (nae surprise there),.... and will be where I take my first photos of 2022.    Loads of people were on the beaches, and loads of happy dogs.    I’m sure the people were happy too,.....  but the dogs didn’t do  ‘sedate’;   they just ripped into sheer enjoyment.   It’s good seeing the beach, and the villages, busy .... though the spread of this COVID  variant is always lurking in the background.    Fingers crossed that it doesn’t hit the East Neuk. 

 


 
0030/01/22    My word I have enjoyed this Hogmanay:  I found a Ceilidh on BBC Alba  and ‘joined’ them in their Celebrations at midnight, and brought in 2022 with a  Tamnavulin (large).     It’s sort of, looks like a ‘cuppa’, in a clear glass with nae milk in it.    So... I wish you all a “Happy New Year”, or, as they’d say in Stornoway, (where the BBC Alba Ceilidh is coming from), “Slainthe Mhath”.    I hear celebratory fireworks going off, and this has made me feel ‘positive’ about 2022;  I think everyone is beginning to feel optimistic about this new Year.... oh ... I really hope we are getting back to some kind of ‘more normal’.

The ‘plan’ for tomorrow is to take my first photos of 2022 on the beach then have a quiet


day.   If I get to the beach at the right time I should get the swimmers going in for their New Year’s Day ‘dook’.

Anyway.... I’m orf to watch the end of the Ceilidh.    I’ve had phone calls from Michael and Janice, and ‘JB’ so it’s bedtime for me now.    I should sleep soundly after that ‘nightcap’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....