Overcast and damp .....

16th December 2021 (Thursday)    07.00 ....there was light Scotch Mist

COSL Pioneer.

when I went out first thing, but I think that will clear away leaving us with a cloudy, warm and dry day;  might even have a few sunny spells later.   The 'plan' is to have a walk to the beach, then go for the paper later in the morning as I have a prescription to pick up.

17.30    I went out on the bike a couple of times today delivering cards and going to the shops.    I met Joyce outside the ‘paper shop’;  at first I didn’t realise the lady was Joyce ....because of the mask.   We’re living in a different way from what we were pre COVID.   Anyway Joyce is well;  and Dave still enjoying the golf.  

'Horizon Artic' - anchor handling vessel.

The bike battery was low so I didn’t go to the harbour;  there was a cold breeze by this time .... so I went home by way of South Street.   COSL Pioneer (Semi Submersible Drilling ig) has moved position in Largo Bay,  doing DP (Dynamically Positioned) trials.   I wonder if this means she will be leaving us.   COSL Pioneer is designed to cope with the wild weather of the North Atlantic,  East of Shetland;  the Cambo oilfield that has just been put ‘on hold’.

19.00    It has been a drab sort of day as far as the weather went, though we did have a sunny-ish spell in the middle of the day.   I finished writing cards, and only have four to deliver tomorrow.    I might be brave and do them by bike as the forecast is good;  in fact it’s a ‘good drying day’ forecast, so I’ll do the small washing that’s in the machine first thing.    I still have to pack my travelling bag but that shouldn’t take long.    I have all the medication I need.... as long as I remember to take it with me.    Actually, I’m still of a mind to drive myself up, but it’s probably wiser to get picked up by Jackie, on her way home after picking Catriona  up from Glasgow.   The ‘rools’ allow this.   I haven’t driven much throughout the pandemic:  that will have to change next year.


Tomorrow I must take Lateral Floe test.  We’re going for lunch at the 19th;  I don’t think 
we have to have one (a test) but it’s probably advisable.

I’ve enjoyed ‘today’ , but tomorrow is going to be sunnier (if the forecast turns out as predicted), and I’m looking forward to that.   

Christmas doesn’t have to be gift wrapped;   a cheery ‘Merry Christmas’, and a pair of smiley eyes is all it needs.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....