Windy, cold and overcast ....

 

26th December 2021 (Sunday)    09.00 .... Auchnagatt is down for ‘strong


winds and rain’ today;  it’s windy and dry just now, with the rain due to arrive in the afternoon.    I see there’s a yellow warning for ‘snow’ in the South of Scotland and North of England... and Fife for today.  It isn’t a ‘bonnie day’, North or South.   We all have puzzle books to work our way through.... and I am going to find sunny photographs for the blog;  no matter where they were taken as long as they’re bright and sunny.

10.30    We had a visit from a Great Spotted Woodpecker at the bird feeders;   not the brightest of days for getting photographs, and it certainly wasn’t posing for one, because it spent most of the time at the other side of the tree.

The sky to the North has a few blue patches in it;  we might get a sunny spell or two before the rain arrives.   It’s too cold and windy for me to venture out.

12.30     All through the COVID pandemic I have been following what HM The Queen has been doing;  We ‘slightly older’ folk should continue to follow HM’s example, and ‘stay safe’ .... especially during the  super spreader weeks of this Festive season.    

I’ve been for a walk to the end of the driveway but, my word, there’s a cauld wind a blowin’.

16.00    It has been windy and cauls all day, but the rain that was forecast never


arrived;  or hasn’t so far.   I only went out once:  Jackie took the car down to the Buchan Way and had a walk out of the worst of the wind.    Hopefully it will be brighter, and warmer, tomorrow.  



20.30    Tomorrow is the last day of my holiday; a really relaxing and enjoyable break.  Listening to family banter is brilliant;  except that my hearing is bad, so only get bits of the general conversation, and usually come to the wrong conclusion.  (I might get brave one day and see about a hearing aid)  I’m not bad with one to one conversation and lip reading, but in a group I’m lost.    Anyway I’ve truly enjoyed my break and glad that Christmas was almost‘ normal’ for families this year.  I’ll ‘stay very safe’ over the New Year period.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....