Quiet morning ....

12th December 2021 (Sunday)   10.00 ....My word .... it’s really warm this


morning;  it’s a pity that the sky is overcast .... but at least it’s dry.   The paper has been uplifted .... and I had a wander to the beach, then home by way of the golf course.   It looks like being a peaceful kind of day, but light rain is forecast for later in the afternoon.





19.30    There’s isn’t much to write about as I have spent the day cleaning and polishing Maggie’s ‘shrine’ and bookcase in the front lobby;  to be finished tomorrow morning.    I hope to find something relaxing to watch for the remainder of the evening.

I had a long chat with Emily and John (Somerset), on the phone, in the middle of the afternoon so I am up to date with their ‘news’.     Otaki (New Zealand), where ‘M’ lives, is going through a spell of lovely wet, Scottish type, weather just now;  this is unusual for them at this time of year.   It’s the beginning of summer in New Zealand.


Tomorrow is going to be a cheerier kind of day ....sunny intervals with a moderate breeze:  A good drying day.   I might do a woollen wash first thing tomorrow morning.    I must remember to hand in my prescription tomorrow, so that I have all my pills for when I go up to Auchnagatt.   That said, the new COVID variant is starting to become worrisome and could change the ‘plan’.

I’m orf to make my chocolate then to find something to watch on the tele.


21.30     My word .... Boris (Prime Minister), has set in motion a ‘major flap’ to have, as many as possible, over 18’s ‘booster jabbed' against the new variant ....by the end of the year.  Once again our NHS Doctors, Nurses and Staff will be working, practically non-stop, over the Christmas period.    This is obviously a variant of serious concern.




 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....