Overcast with a few sunny spells ...

7th October 2021 (Thursday)     16.00 .... The weather was mixed for our


journey South from Auchnagatt....  mostly dull with spells of ‘Scotch Mist..... though there was the occasional, tantalising, glimpse of the sun now and again.   We went into Morrison’s (Dundee) for a ‘comfort stop’;  I bought sandwiches for a light lunch,  then we continued on our way, arriving at Ivy about midday.      The car was emptied, the bike battery plugged in to charge, the laptop docked onto its station;   then we scoffed the sandwiches.    Iain set off home after an hour or so, and will be back in Auchnagatt around about 16.00.    So I am back ‘in Residence’ after an enjoyable and relaxing few days away....doing normal happy things.

I see that the sun has broken through so I shall have a cuppa then get the bike out (it will be charged by now) and take a tour round the villages.


21.30      By the time I had the above mentioned cuppa the sun had disappeared again, so the bike never moved:  at least I have a fully charged battery for whenever I do go out biking.... hopefully tomorrow, but the forecast is mixed.

There was a message on the answer machine to say that my new glasses are ready..... so I’ll be going to Leven sometime in the morning.    I might go to Lidl’s when I’m there, though I don’t really need anything. 

I haven’t done anything this afternoon;   I did put the washing in the machine but tomorrow doesn’t look like being a good drying day;  in fact there’s a yellow warning for the Central Belt of Scotland and Fife, until midday on Saturday.    I’ll do the washing on Sunday.

Other than going for a paper and then onto Leven tomorrow morning, I don’t have a

Boris.

‘plan’.   I have stuff to do stuff on the computer;  if the weather forecast is as it’s supposed to b;   I’ll be doing computer stuff tomorrow.   Tonight I’ll have an early night in bed.   I miss the camaraderie and chatting of the past few days;  and Boris’s dry wit; this Boris knows what’s going on in the real world!

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....