Overcast with Scotch Mist ....

12th October 2021 (Tuesday)     08.00 .... we have a uninviting looking start


to the day:  thick cloud, with heavy Scotch Mist doesn’t say “come out to play”.... even if there is only a gentle breeze.   At the moment it is a computer/TV day.... and I’m thinking scones, so I’ll make a batch for the freezer;  it’s a good morning for pottering around in the kitchen.    The afternoon might be brighter.....
... but .... the breeze is from the East, bringing the cloud in from the North Sea.... so, it could be dull for most of the day.

15.30     The sun burnt through the cloud, in the afternoon, and it was warm sitting on one of the Woodhaven Bay seats.   I had intended stopping in Elie to get an ice cream but the car parking spaces were full, so I went to Woodhaven minus the ice cream.   I’ll have one out of the tub I have in the freezer, but is isnae the same  as Shona’s ice cream.    I enjoyed the wee run out (in the car) ....now I’m looking forward to an ice cream cone from the freezer, even though it isn’t what I had in mind.


21.00    Oh ... I got all the ingredients and equipment ready to make the scones, but the eggs were a week over the date;  so nae scones until I get eggs, and milk, at the ‘paper shop tomorrow morning.   I’d have gone Ardross for eggs but I didn’t have a card with me.

The History Society have a ‘get together’ for coffee/tea in the Pavilion tomorrow morning;  I might go to that, if the Pavilion doesn’t look being too busy and crowded.   There’s a lot of folk in the villages just now.

I’ve had a funny kind of day.   The East wind never agrees with my asthma so that has been ‘active’;  however that didn’t stop me enjoying myself.   I’ve been out twice;  I went to the beach after the Scotch Mist stopped in the morning:  even though still overcast, the sun was trying to come through and there was a lovely ‘light’ about.... and a lot of folk on the beach.

The cloud came back in again in the evening, but the wind is going to be from the West


tomorrow and we’re to get ‘sunny intervals with a moderate breeze’.... so we’ll all be buzzin’ tomorrow.    



Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....