Overcast and quiet ....

16th October 2021 (Saturday)    08.30 .... All the Fife weather cams are grey,


showing that the whole of Fife is overcast, just as it is here.    It’s a nice, peaceful morning and, although the sky is overcast., it’s pleasant ‘out’.     I went to the ‘paper shop’ before going to the harbour.... so I have a paper, albeit not the one I thought it would be:  when I left Ivy I thought it was Sunday.   24 hours out isnae bad.    Nae ‘plan’ for today.... but I’m getting the bike out instead of walking;  biking takes the pressure off the sair knee.    Orf to have breakfast.

17.00    We had a bonnie spell of sunshine around midday so I got the bike out and went up to Chapel Green:  it was cool exposed to the breeze, but I was happy to be ‘active’.   The sky had clouded over by mid afternoon... and the wind has backed to the East, in fact it’s starting to look gloomy;  as if it’s going to rain.


Alan ('arbour 'ouse) dropped by just after lunch to ask about Kincraig cliffs;  he is going to do the Chainwalk on a fine day.    The next few days weather is ‘mixed’.... Thursday looks like being the best day.

Apart from biking to Chapel Green, and pottering around the harbour I have been resting my knee today.   Oddly enough the biking appears to have actually made the knee feel better.   I imagine that’s because the tendons, or whatever, around the knee, are not accustomed to walking far.... and, they let me know it.

20.00    It started to rain at 17.30 (I was out locking up The Hutte), with ‘heavy rain’ forecast overnight, and ‘light rain’ tomorrow:  it will be a good ‘rest’ day,  and I have a good choice of things to do on a wet day.   It will be the car for the paper..... and I might even go to the harbour.    It looks like being wet for ‘Crane Out’ on Monday.... though only ‘light rain’ is forecast so it might not be too bad.

I’ll make a cuppa and do some research before bedtime;  I’d like to get Maggie’s family

'Sea Queen' (St Monans skiff).

back as far as the 1690’s, but it’s a hard slog browsing Kinneuchar Kirk Session records. At the moment I have her family back to 1732.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....