Nice sunrise sky ....

11th October 2021 (Monday)    09.30 .... I went to the beach to catch the


sunrise, on what is a quiet and quite warm morning.    The actual sunrise was hidden by low cloud, with the sun appearing above the cloud about ten minutes after ‘sunrise’ (07.34).   The beach was busier than I’d expected it to be, with walkers.... and swimmers.   The sky has clouded over since then and is mostly overcast;  it looks like we could have showers in the afternoon.

15.30   I had a migraine (made the chocolate too strong last night) so had a couple of pills, and they took the frisky out of me before lunch;  but  I’ve been along to Ardross on a shopping mission;  and have got all the ingredients read to make a batch o’ Cottage Pie ready meals.   I’ll have another cuppa then set about making the pies.  

We had a few sunny spells around midday but the sky has darkened in the last hour or so and it now looks like we could a ‘chance of precipitation’.   I’m orf to make that cuppa.


21.30    I’d just finished sorting out the dishes in the kitchen when the door bell rang this evening:  I got a pleasant surprise when I went to door, and found Heather, Ray and Alistair, who had dropped in for a chat.... and a mug of  my world famous coffee.   The evening went quickly;  I did a lot of talking.... Heather, Ray and Alistair did a lot of listening.   It was a very enjoyable evening.   I’ve just remembered that I have to press the button on the dishwasher.   That’s done..... and I made the chocolate at the same time.

Michael phoned to tell me that the aurora should be active around us tonight, but with


thick cloud over us the aurora won’t be visible.   The cloud is going to be with us tomorrow too; ‘light rain with a gentle breeze’ is the forecast for us, so not a pretty day;  though the sun might break through by evening time.

I’ve no ‘plan’ for tomorrow;  I’m thinkin’ I should have gone ‘out to play’ today and worked in the kitchen tomorrow.   I have plenty typing to do so I might catch up with that;  and there’s things I need to research online.   Loads to do;  I feel tired at the thought of it all.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....