Overcast and damp ....

18th October 2021 (Monday)    10.00 .... It was overcast, but dry when I went


for the paper;  it was dark enough for the bike lights to come on, so not really a mornin’ that had me wanting to frolic and play;  not outside anyway.   At the harbour the boats are lined up alongside the pier, ready for ‘Crane Out’ this morning.    I had hoped to go down for ‘Crane Out’, but there’s some light Scotch Mist at the moment so that plan has been cancelled:  in fact it looks like the bike won’t be out again today.   Kettle ‘on’.   


15.00    I went out in the car to get a few photographs of ‘Crane Out’;  it was spittin’ rain all the time.... then the rain began to get heavier, so I went back to Ivy and put the kettle on.    At the time of writing (now) the sun is trying hard to break through, but it’s spittin’ rain at the same time:  I think I have finished with biking for the day.   Anyway, the research has reached a ‘can’t stop now’ stage .... might need another cuppa.

'Crane Out' at Elie harbour.


17.30    Family History is an absorbing subject, of that there’s no doubt:   you come across loads of branches and ‘twigs’ on a family tree.... and even each ‘twig’ has its own story.   It certainly passes a dull day.... and today’s weather  has been mostly dull ....and damp. 

Slight 'flap on'....‘Puku’ is beginning to feel in need of food, so food time it is.   I had a good lunch so a set of sandwiches should suffice, on what has been a rather ‘lazy’ (physically) day.

20.45    This has been a tiring day, though I can’t understand why.   Maybe grey days do that.    KY9 should be brighter tomorrow, sunny spells are mentioned in the forecast.... ‘sunny spells and light rain’.    I saw snow mentioned, for high ground in Scotland, on Friday;  the Grampians.... not Largo Law.   I hope.

I see that we have three ‘bugs’ to bother us this winter;  COVID, the ‘flu, and the


‘fresher’ (American words creeping in everywhere now) cough.    The ‘cough’ is, apparently, a bad one.    We still wear masks in shops etc. so that’s some protection.    Myra and I (and a load o’ other folk) get our ‘flu and COVID booster jabs on Saturday morning.   Definitely the ‘flu jab.... I’m not absolutely sure about the COVID ‘booster’;  we'll feel happier about facing winter after the jabs.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....