WEt and windy ....

 

31st October 2021 (Sunday)   10.00 .... we have a wild, wet and windy,


morning.   I went out on the bike early to miss the rain, and actually enjoyed doing the ‘round the villages’ at sunrise time.    The rain began at 09.15, and I am ensconced it Ivy, with a cuppa at hand.    We had a bonnie sky at sunrise time (sunrise happened behind low cloud), which I viewed from Chapel Green, but there was a fresh wind coming from the southeast, so it wasn’t warm.   The rain is forecast to be  of the ‘heavy showers’ kind, so we might have a few sunny spells between showers.    It’s a computer day for me;   I have a whole load of photographs to 'play' with.



21.00    Wellll .... we had a bonnie sunrise.... and a bonnie sunset.   The bit in between was mostly windy and ‘damp’.    Luckily I took advantage of both sunrise and sunset, and got some exercise.    Out on the bike in the morning, and had a walk up to the Pony Field and golf course in the evening.     The wind had moderated by evening time and it was really pleasant out.... and a bonnie sunset sky made it perfect.    It didn’t turn red, as I’d hoped, but was spectacular nonetheless.    I imagine, if Tom and Felix were on their way to Edinburgh, (Tom stopped on the way up Ferry Road) they would enjoy a stunning sunset, albeit not the best appreciated when driving into it!


This is the first time I have felt able to walk up to the Pony Field since I twisted my bad knee, going down onto the beach, a couple of weeks ago;  as long as I don’t overdo it.    I met Irene on the way home;  she was out looking for a kitten (I think).   No... it wisnae Ken.   Irene was looking well, and enhanced what was already a bonnie evening.   I can’t imagine the golf course without Irene, but apparently she is not allowed to actually play golf just now:  hopefully she will be back playing in the Spring.   At least she can still bowl.

‘Drizzle and a fresh breeze’ is the forecast for tomorrow;   another day when that will


have to be ‘played by ear’.   The bike has a fully charged battery, and I had hoped to have a run up to Colinsburgh or Balcarres, but I think tomorrow might be too chancy for a longish run.   I’ve been feeling friskier for the past couple of days;  tomorrow could be a ‘play’ day.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....