Mild and breezy ....

25th October 2021 (Monday)     07.30 ....It’s a bonnie, mild morning, with a


frisky breeze, and long sunny intervals:  I haven’t had a long sunny interval yet, because the sun has yet to rise..... but expect them, hey are mentioned in today’s weather forecast for KY9.    I will have a walk (a stick assisted hobble) to the beach) before breakfast: after breakfast I’m going to Leven to buy a microwave.


11.30    I’ve been to Leven but came home without a microwave.    Argos, now above Sainsbury’s didn’t have the one I was looking at in stock and it had to be ordered online and delivered. I can do that at home, so I won’t be visiting Argos again.    I did get a few things from Sainsbury’s so the trip wasn’t wasted;   and it was a grand day for a run, but my word the roads are busy nowadays..... even Ferry Road.


18.30    I encountered a couple of heavy squally showers on way to and from Cupar.... I had to sit in the car for a while at The Adamson till the rain had slackened off.   I still don’t know why I have to go there for a blood test but I must say they are efficient;   I was in the Unit less than five minutes.

Fisher and Donaldson (Fudge Doughnut factory) was busy so I didn’t go into the shop;  and the Ceres Road was ‘Closed’, which meant that I had to meander my way back, through Cupar, to the Anstruther Road.     The countryside looked really bonnie after the rain showers, but I couldn’t stop to take photographs;  the road was so busy.   I did come over Balcarres via Lathallan but it was raining, not very heavily but too wet for the camera: I must take a trip up there soon to get the autumn colours.  The weather forecast ,that I have just seen on the tele, makes me think that trip may have to be in the car.

20.00    The new microwave is being delivered on 1st November;  I could have paid extra and had it delivered sooner, but I’m happy enough to wait.   I’ll take the old one to the re-cycling Depot at Pittenweem sometime this week.   A microwave that disnae heat is as much use as a square wheel.

I’ve had a busy day; and didn’t have a catnap in the afternoon;  no wonder my eyelids


keep falling down.   Tomorrow looks like being a ‘rest day’, if the weather forecasters have got it right, and have spells of rain. .    A ‘rest day’ wouldn’t go amiss.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....