Damp and breezy .... ....

26th October 2021 (Tuesday)     08.30 .... ‘Strong winds and rain’ is


the 
forecast for KY9 this morning, and.... strong winds and rain we have; thankfully, the rain isn’t heavy.... not just now anyway.  It’s a morning for finding something decent to watch on the tele, working, or reading a book.   The rain should move away by early afternoon.... leaving us with the fresh wind to dry the wet roads, and give me a chance to get out.

15.30    I have a funny feeling that the bike won’t be out today:  There has been an improvement in the weather, and the roads are beginning to dry, but we continue to have spells of Scotch Mist type wetness.... so it’s back to the kettle and the computer.     I looked for a decent film to watch, so that I could have a catnap, but couldn’t find anything:  let’s face, the tele is being used as an advertising platform with bits of film between the adverts: encouraging folk to buy stuff they don’t need .... ‘1984’ (George Orwell) is here.


21.00    It hasn’t been the bonniest of days, as far as the weather went;  but.... I did see a few blue patches late in the afternoon.    I’ve had a fruitful day, mostly on the computer;   I did go for the paper in the middle of the morning (by car) but ended up going to the harbour.... and forgetting the paper on the way home.    The harbour was unexpectedly busy with holiday makers;  it wasn’t actually raining at that time, so they were taking advantage of that.... as I was.   The sky was clear along the ‘sooth side’, which had me thinking I’d be out on the bike in the afternoon.

No ‘plans’ for tomorrow, but I might eventually get out on the bike.   The forecast is a bit iffy ....


‘light rain showers and a moderate breeze’ .... but brighter, and bonnier, than today.   That said I was happy with the ‘dull day’ photos I got this morning.

There’s a chance that the microwave that I ordered yesterday, could be delivered tomorrow; I’ll have to check the tracker before going out.   I didn’t expect it to be on its way so soon.   I never pay extra for ‘fast’ delivery;  ‘slow’ delivery is fast enough.    

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....