Lovely autumn day ....

13th October 2021 (Wednesday)     09.30 ....  It’s a breezy morning.... and


cool when exposed to said breeze;  a lovely autumn morning.    I‘ve been for the paper(s);  and .... the missing ingredients, to make scones, have been bought, so baking will be the mission in the afternoon.  

 It was quite overcast when I was at the harbour, but the sun has broken through since then, and it is now a bonnie day.   Stuart was saying that ‘Crane Out’ is on Monday (next), always an interesting ‘happening’, .... unless it’s raining. 

16.00    The informal History Society ‘get thegither’ at the Pavilion was really enjoyable;  Alan wasn’t there so I couldn’t ‘torment’ him, in fact only four of us spent an hour chatting about things local.... not necessarily history.  It was all  very enjoyable.   I had a pot of Earl Grey, and a ‘flee cemetery’ (fruit slice) so ‘puku’, pet name (Maori) for stomach, also enjoyed what was a very pleasurable outing.    The walk, to and from, was


done in warm sunshine, albeit breezy:  weather that has continued throughout the afternoon....  though there are a few more clouds starting to appear from the Northwest.  Tomorrow is forecast to be cloudier, but with only a low chance of ‘precipitation’.   I need a cuppa... after which I might take a walk down to the beach.




21.00    I did go to the beach, half an hour before sunset, but low cloud on the Western horizon meant we didn’t have a spectacular sunset; and, it was much cooler at that time.... as you expect when the sun goes down.  

Making scones was put off until tomorrow, simply because it’s going to be cloudier, so


I’ll enjoy working in the kitchen, and won’t be sidetracked by the sun inviting me out to play.   I’ll have a walk to either the beach or the Pony Field, depending on how brisk the wind is;  the Pony Field is not the place to be when there’s a wind.  Neither is the beach but I can get some shelter in the lee of the dunes.

This has been an enjoyable day for me; but I’m ready for the hot chocolate now.   An early night in bed with my book is beckoning.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....