Bright and breezy .....

20th October 2021 (Wednesday)     08.00 .... we have a lovely, bright and


breezy, morning;   a perfect day for the washing.... and being out in the fresh air.     There’s a lot of fresh air about so it feels slightly cooler than it did, but it’s not cold.    

I’ve remembered that someone is coming to see about a ‘disabled’ (dinnae like that word) parking space.    We locals actually have the parking in Ferry Road working fine;   unfortunately strangers, (and my ‘knee bones’), don’t always co-operate, hence trying to get a space nearer the door.   Whoever comes to see about it, will be someone to talk to; that’s always good.   Orf to have breakfast; “Slight flap on” now.   

10.00    I’m ‘in love’ (this could be the real thing);  with two girls from Fife Council who came and explained parking with a Blue Badge.    I can moor the car on the ‘double yellows’ in the summer time as long as I display the badge, and not causing an obstruction.... which I wouldn’t be moored up at the gate.... so no ‘disabled’ space required.   I enjoyed talking to the girls, .... I’m a happy boy.


22.00    After the new ‘girl friends’ left I went up to Elie (bike) to the Chemist;  there was a queue outside the ‘paper shop’ so I went to the harbour, then home by way of The Terrace.... and forgot the paper ... again.   There was a brisk wind so it wisnae very warm;  not when out in the open anyway.   I was fine when I reached Maggie’s seat.... it’s sheltered by a wall so I sat there and enjoyed the sun.   




21.00    After the new ‘girl friends’ left I went up to Elie (bike) to the Chemist;  there was a queue outside the ‘paper shop’ so I went to the harbour, then home by way of The Terrace.... and forgot the paper ... again.   There was a brisk wind so it wisnae very warm;  not when out in the open anyway.   I was fine when I reached Maggie’s seat.... it’s sheltered by a wall so I sat there and enjoyed the sun ....then I began to feel hungry.

After lunch (Ardross Cottage Pie) I worked on the computer for a wee while, before turning on the tele and having a catnap.    I’d save electricity, and help to save Mother Earth, if I didn’t bother with the tele!

We had a lovely sunset... always a good sign;  I photographed  the Ferry High Street in


the cosy sunset glow.

The washing dried quickly, in today’s frisky wind;  I’ll do the ironing tomorrow.   What else am I going to do tomorrow?   If it isn’t too windy I’ll go round the estate road tomorrow morning;  the forecast is for our weather to be bright, breezy and colder.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....