Brisk wind ....

14th October 2021 (Thursday)   09.30 .... there’s blustery wind today....


which usually means interesting an interesting sky;  and it was at sunrise.   Sunrise was bonnie , but not one of those spectacular sunrises.   It’s a good day for being out as long as you’re wrapped up;  and keep an eye out for light showers that could rattle their way over now and again.

I went to ‘The Store’ to do a shopping first thing.... it’s the first time I’ve driven in the dark for a while.   I encountered three sets of temporary traffic lights on the journeys;  two on the way to the ‘Store’, and one on the way back via the back road.    I came home by the back road to miss traffic lights.   The first set was ‘Red’ at both ends;   and .... when we went through both lanes of the road were clear.   The second set, at the top of Roger Street are four way so a wee bit of a wait there;  the final set was at the West end of the Colinsburgh Strait where Balcarres Estate are having the roadside dykes restored.... nae problems there.   I’m a happy ‘boy’.... got a few ‘goodies’ (nae calories) for morrrrning coffee etc.


19.00    The afternoon has been spent making 16 scones (12 in the freezer) and watching TV .... a very restful day for me.    The weather has been mixed, with a disappointing spell of rain in the late afternoon;  however I see the sky breaking up from the West, and the forecast is good for tomorrow....”sunny with a gentle breeze”;  could be a ‘play day’.   

I’m going to do some research this evening.... a bit of Maggie’s family ‘tree’ that involves browsing kirk records.    That takes time.... but it’s very interesting.... and usually means a late night.

21.00    With the forecast being good for tomorrow I shall begin my day with a walk to


the beach.... and there will be a lot of beach as high tide isn’t until 11.17.    It is supposed to be cool tomorrow, and even colder on Saturday;   the temperature on Friday night dropping  down to 2C..    I’ll wrap up warm  for the beach.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....