Not a good hair day ....

8th October 2021 (Friday)     08.30 ....  The ‘bucket cairt’ lauds were on the


ball this morning.... the ‘broon’ bucket was emptied at 07.02.... just as I was ‘loupin’ intae the car to go for the paper:  The car because it was spittin’ rain.   It still is spittin rain, but .... the raindrops are closer now.

The villages are lookin’ as bonnie as ever.... even on what looks like being a damp day. After buying a paper, and milk at the ‘paper shop’, I went to the harbour to check if all was as it should be.   It was... and I was down there before Stuart.    Stuart and I had time for a short chat;   Stuart couldn’t hang around as he had Lorraine’s breakfast to get ready.   I photographed the sunrise sky which was awfie bonnie but not spectacular before going back to Ivy to have breakfast, then go to Leven to pick up my specs from 'Specsavers'.

11.00    The new glasses are comfortable to wear, and have sharpened my sight;  I didn’t realise that it (sight) had deteriorated... I just thought the old glasses needed cleaned.   Anyway I’ve been to Leven, got the specs and did a small ‘shopping’ in Lidl’s..  

There’s a chance of sunny spells in the afternoon, so I might get out on the bike:   In the meantime I’ll have ‘morrrrning coffee’ and browse the paper.


13.30    I’m beginning to think that the bike is going to be ‘resting’ all day:  the weather is of the ‘disnae ken whit tae dae’ kind.   I thought the sky was brightening up an hour or so ago but it’s raining again.    I’ll put the kettle ‘on’;  because the sky is once again beginning to brighten up!

21.30    Eventually the sky brightened up, the light rain showers faded away.... and I went out to do a tour of the villages, on what was a balmy afternoon, with a gorgeous ‘light’ about.     Chapel Green and the harbour were both busy, with folk enjoying a leisurely wander:  we did have the occasional spit of rain but not enough to put the camera in the bag.    I enjoyed myself,...and came home with many photographs to ‘play’ with.

We don’t have a very encouraging weather forecast for tomorrow ....‘light rain and a


moderate breeze’;   it looks like being a computer day.   Sunday is the better day of the weekend if the weather is as forecast;  it should be a good drying day so I’ll finally get the holiday washing done.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....