Bad hair day .....

17th October 2021 (Sunday)   07.30 .... My word.... we have a wet, and bleak


looking start to the day.   After a lot of overnight rain, we now have ‘light rain’ so everything, and everywhere, is wet.   It’s a computer/TV/ multiple cuppas day:  I’m having my second cuppa of the morrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrning, before I loup intae the car to go for the paper.   The light rain should fade away after lunch.... if we’re lucky; we might even have a late sunny spell.

09.00    It is dreich right enough;  but the ‘paper shop Team’  brightened up the morning..... as they always do.   The harbour was quiet,  (which didn’t surprise me,) there was only me and a Carrion Crow:  however, all was not gloom (forgot the 'doom and'),  the sky sometimes looked like it was beginning to lighten:  I might get the bike out in the afternoon.


19.00    Every time I went out to see if I should get the bike out, we had light Scotch Mist, so I eventually gave up, and decided to forget about going out today.   However I have enjoyed the day so far;   I found a decent film to watch... and I did some family research.     In fact I did a lot of research.     And it looks like I could be doing a lot more research tomorrow if the weather forecast, I’ve just seen on the tele, turns out as predicted:  I’m away to set up a sheet of cartridge paper on a drawing board for tomorrow.   


21.00    Would you believe it;  I’ve just finished talking to ‘M’ (New Zealand), and she told me that the weather in Otaki (Monday morning) is ....’Scotch Mist’.   It’s a big bank o’ cloud! 

My ‘plan’ for tomorrow?.... Well ...there’s a slight chance that a window of ‘opporchancity, re getting out on the bike, might occur between 07.00 and 09.00.   If it


isn’t wet at that time I’ll go for the paper on the bike;   that will be my exercise for the day:  The ‘chance of precipitation’ increases from mid morning.    

Doing family research is a really absorbing hobby;  and wet days are ideal.... there's no outside distractions.    The kettle has to be on permanent standby though;  orf to make the chocolate.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....