Magical morrrrrrrning ....

9th October 2021 (Saturday)   12.30 .... it’s starting to rain now, but my word,


what a gorgeous early morning we had.    King’s James the VI’s description of the Kingdom of Fife, “a beggar’s mantle with a fringe of gold” was pertinent this mornin, that’s for sure.   I went out (on the bike) about 07.45 and photographed my was round the villages, arriving back at Ivy very content.... and very hungry.    The afternoon will be taken up playing with this morning’s photographs.

The rain is forecast to peter out by evening time;  tomorrow is going to be a ‘drying day’ so I shall get the ‘oliday washing done.

15.00    It’s still raining so I’m going to have a cuppa then go into ‘rest mode’.    I’ll find something to watch on the tele,  and have a cat nap.   Tomorrow is going to be a better day for being out and about.


19.30    The light rain moved away in mid afternoon leaving us with a bonnie but cool evening:  There was a noticeable drop in the temperature hitting my lugs when I went up to Chapel Green an hour before sunset.   It was a quiet evening, there was a few folk out for a wander,  a boat in the bay towing a water skier and another boat off the lighthouse.    The village (Earlsferry) is busy .... at least it appears that way from the number of cars around.... I think it could be ‘half term’ school holidays somewhere.

I get my ‘flu jab on 23rd October at 08.20 (they must know I’m an early riser)..... I’m not certain, but I think I am getting the COVID booster at the same time.    This is at The East Neuk Centre in Anstruther.   I’m happy with this as both jabs should be effective well before Christmas.

Tomorrow is ‘do the holiday washing day’;  the forecast for KY9 is ‘sunny intervals with


a moderate breeze’.    In fact I’ll set the machine going (and put the kettle ‘on’) after this update and hang the washing out first light.  

I’m going see if there’s anything I fancy watching on the tele for the rest of the evening.   Might find a film on Channel 81.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....