Wet and windy ....

 3rd November2020 (Tuesday)     07.30 .... it’s a wild, wet and cold start to


the day.... let’s hope the wetness at clears away over the morning as per weather forecast.   There’s a ‘feel’ of snow in the rain;   I imaging someone going over the Cairn ‘o’ Mount  this morning would encounter sleet.   It’s not a pleasant morning, and I most certainly won’t be out on the bike... until I have had at least three cuppas ....  and the sun has broken through.    Orf to have breakfast....  (and cuppa No 2).  The next four days are going to be bonnie but cool.

20.00    Once again I have been a good boy .... that means I did some work before scuttling up to Kinneuchar to see how Shona is coping.    She is coping remarkably well .... and makes a brilliant mug of coffee, adding something called Drambuie to it which gives it a distinctive and very pleasant flavour: I must remember to go to Shona’s for afternoon coffee oftener.

On the way home I decided to go through Elie Estate, even though I knew the road would be muddy in places.    In actual fact it wasn’t too bad, and the bonnie pictures of the loch that I got made it worthwhile.


In Elie I was ‘resting’ at my usual place on The Terrace when I spotted a young lady jogger trotting towards me;  it was Joyce out for her afternoon exercise.    I caught up with all the Woodside Road secrets.... there wasn’t any.... ‘nothing happening there’, then Joyce scampered off to go down the Toft, and I went up to the High street as South Street was ‘closed’, to allow work to take place where it joins South Street;  there’s always something going on around the villages.... except at Woodside Road.

I am taking advantage of this spell of decent weather that is drifting our way, and doing


all the washing I can.... including the bed sheets;  and the thing I do not like washing.... the downy cover.   I will be a busy boy tomorrow.    The downy will be first on the line as it has been through the machine.

The bike has a fully charged battery so I could get out tomorrow, though I intend pottering around the garden as I might get a delivery.   I will bike along for the paper.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....