Overcast and damp ....

 

30th November 2020 (Monday)  Today we celebrate ‘St Andrews


Day ... and Irene’s Birthday’;   so Happy St Andrew’s Day to everyone and “Happy Birthday .... and St Andrew’s Day ", to Irene xx.

07.30    There’s a slight chance of light rain first thing but, if it does rain, it’s not going to last long and should clear away to ‘sunny spells’ round about midday.   Its overcast just now (not raining – yet) with a brisk breeze:   I’ll probably take the car when I go for the paper.  

15.00     I didn’t go for the paper until later in the morrrrrrrning.... and went on the bike:  The light absolutely brilliant.    I did the tour of the auld villages and enjoyed every minute of it;   with a few ‘click’ stops, on the way round.     There was much going on, and the road to the harbour was awfie quiet.    I took advantage of the fact that The Ship Inn garden was empty and got some photos (and was ‘caught in the act’ by Richard).   At the harbour ‘The Beach Cafe’ was being dismantled for the winter... and we had a rainbow when I was at Chapel Green.    I now have a few photos to ‘play’ with.

After lunch I delivered my first Christmas card of the season.... and had a run home by Balbuthie and Kinneuchar.   I was in the car this time because the bike battery is being charged.    I feel that I deserve some reward for my efforts today; it will have to be a mug of my own coffee?... and perhaps a ‘goodie’ to enhance the flavour.  

 


18.30    In seem to be starting to get into a normal routine again.    A few weeks after the COVID-19 virus began I gradually stopped baking and enjoying working in the kitchen.   I made ‘food’ but only because I had to eat... things like scones, biscuits and puddings I just stopped doing.    That might have been  because I didn’t know how easy it would be (or how hard) to access ingredients;  now that I can rely on shopping as ‘normal’, things are good.   Tonight I will have rice pudding ... it should be ready in 35 minutes.

20.00    The rice pudding is very tasty.... and there’s enough for another two servings.

I haven’t thought about what I’m going to do tomorrow;   the weather forecast is for it to be much like today, without the dampness first thing.  I’m wonder if I should do my Leven shopping (the ‘Cheap Shop’).    I get dishwasher tablets and stuff like that there. 

Full moon tonight.

 
I’m going to have a cuppa and see if there’s anything on the tele to watch.    There was a programme with a bloke travelling through New Zealand on a motor bike that I watched after lunch;  that was really interesting as he was on some of the roads that ‘M’ and I travelled.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....