In playful mood .....

 

20th November 2020 (Friday)     09.00 ....  ‘Thanksgiving Day’ in the

Kinneuchar from the Balbuthie road.

United States is always celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November.    The day after ‘Thanksgiving Day’ is called ‘Black Friday’ and signals the start of the Christmas shopping season in the USA.    I often wondered what ‘Black Friday’ was about.... though I don’t actually know why it’s called ‘Black’..... it’s all about separating people from their hard earned cash.

We have a ‘Grey Friday’ here, but there is a clear strip along the southern horizon;  there's an old saying ...“a clear sooth drooned the plooman” ...  so the clear strip is not a particularly good sign.   It could be damp later;  hopefully not at the Centre of the Universe.   I’ll go for the paper after ten o’ clock so that I can get myself an ‘arbour ‘ouse’ morrrrrrrrrrrrning coffee and ‘ave it in the car.


Canterbury Cathedral.
11.30     I got the morrrrrrrrrrrrning coffee (and a piece of drizzle cake) at ‘arbour ‘ouse, went for the paper and then down to the harbour where I met Steve (Mr ‘B’) so I caught up with Steve’s news, and can report that all is well  with ‘Sundance’.... and the ‘arbour.    The rain started when I was down there so I came home by way of Kinneuchar, with my coffee and drizzle cake untouched.   I  am now enjoying both, in the comfort of my rather luxurious 'Hermit cave'.

21.00    I’ve been reasonably busy today but never did get out on the bike to take a few photos.   We didn’t have sunny spells, but at least the rain stopped.    I did a lot of work on the computer....  and unearthed a drawing I want to finish, one that roughed out (it’s an auld bit of ‘The Ferry’)  a few years ago;  now, having the urge to draw, I think this will be a good winter challenge.    This ‘urge’ was brought on when I found some other drawings while sorting the bookshelves.    The bookshelves will be finished before I begin ‘the winter challenge’.    


I enjoyed my morrrrrrrrrrrrning coffee from Laura’s this morning and must do that more

Canterbury Cathedral.
often.   Morning coffee (and a goodie) in the car is a good ‘plan’, and the ‘new normal’ for me!  

Tomorrow is going to be a bonnie day.... ‘breezy with sunny intervals’.... and no mention of rain... or even showers.  

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....