Armistice Day Anniversary (102nd) ....

 

11th November 2020 (Wednesday)  : 



In Flanders Fields

By JOHN MCCRAE

 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow

Between the crosses, row on row,

That mark our place; and in the sky

The larks, still bravely singing, fly

Scarce heard amid the guns below.

 

We are the Dead. Short days ago

We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,

Loved and were loved, and now we lie,

In Flanders fields.

 

Take up our quarrel with the foe:

To you from failing hands we throw

The torch; be yours to hold it high.

If ye break faith with us who die

We shall not sleep, though poppies grow

In Flanders fields.

 

 

008.00 .... we have a dreich start to the day, but the rain should give way to showers by the afternoon;  it is not a morning for going out.... except with the dog.   I will bumble along for the paper (in the car) after breakfast.

110.00    I see that the weather forecast has been ... er ... updated;  we’re to have rain for most of the day, and it certainly looks like it ..... it’s definitely a computer and ‘ousework day.    I’ll have a cuppa then go for the paper.

 

Elie Bay this morning at 11.00.

14.30     By the time I went for the paper it had stopped raining, so I went to the harbour (I was in the car) and got a few photos to let you see what kind of day we had at ‘The Centre of the Universe’.     It’s still overcast and dry but it looks like it’s going to start raining again soon.

  Tomorrow I am going to the Hairdresser’s ;  must get shorn before the ‘new’ rools cut in on Friday.    On Friday I take the car in to get’s MOT;  it’s going to be a busy couple of days for the ‘boy’.   I think the weather forecast is good for both days.

20.00     Joyful me .... I’ve had a fairy busy day;   I started  ‘ooverin’ and dustin’ the books and bookcases in the living room.   This is a three week job because I get diverted by the books..... but it’s enjoyable even if it does take awhile.    We can’t have visitors in the house just now, so I’m as well to get this job done .... it’s a ‘go slowly’ kind of job and I’m good at those.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....