Cauld wind .....

 21st November 2020 (Saturday)    09.30 .... Joyful ‘me’ .... we have a


bonnie morning;  however  it is cauld in the brisk wind, but, well wrapped up, it’s a good day for doing things outside.    I have yet to go for the paper but I’ll do that in the middle of the morning because I have to go to the Chemist.

The ‘plan’ (well a small part of ‘the plan’) is to make/bake a Victoria Sponge.... I went to Ainster to do a wee shopping and bought the ingredients.   ‘The Store’ was busy.... but I only met one person I knew (Kathy) who quite often walks her dogs round the East Links.    She is looking well ... and coping fine with the crisis.

14.30   I’ve done the paper and the Chemist... and went down to check out the harbour:  as ever it was windy and therefore cauld down there but there was a nice ‘light’ about so as is my wont, I took a few photographs.  And I’m happy with the results.  Right now I am having a cuppa before making the aforementioned Victoria Sponge.   

It’s a bonnie afternoon but still windy, with the odd shower around.   I might wander to the beach at sunset time.... depends on how the weather is at the time.


20.30     I couldn’t go to the beach because the sponges were in the oven... and .... had I gone to the beach they, most likely, would have ended up  a deep brown colour.... maybe even black.     The finished Victoria Sponge tastes lovely;   this is the first one I’ve made in a while.

The East Neuk seems to be busier that I thought it would be in November;  when you think of it in another four weeks it will be the winter Solstice, then Christmas/New Year with Spring just round the corner after that;  and a vaccine for COVID-19.   The other end of a long tunnel is beginning to lighten just a bit.

‘Sunny intervals and a moderate breeze’ is the forecast for us tomorrow.... and it isn’t


going to be cosy.... so we’ll have to wrap up well.   I have no ‘plan’ for tomorrow.... though I have things to do in the garden, as long as it’s sheltered from the wind.    ‘M’ is not back from her holiday with Linda and Graeme (friends)... then on to Colin and Sue (her son and partner).    It’s summertime in New Zealand so she will be enjoying cosy weather..... and loads o’ fresh, home grown, fruit and veg!


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....