Breezy ....

 

1st November 2020 (Sunday)      07.30 .... although raining just now, the


forecast is for us to have ‘sunny intervals and a fresh breeze’, by mid morning .... much the same as yesterday though slightly less windy.   I’m going to take the car up for the paper, take a turn down to the harbour, then back to Ivy for breakfast.

09.00     We had a light shower o’ rain at the harbour but otherwise a ‘bright and breezy’ start to the day.    The partial rainbow certainly brightened the sky up;   and I remembered to go for the paper.    I am ready for breakfast now before sorting out the living room.

18.00     It has been a wet(ish) afternoon at times but I managed to get the bit I needed to make to finished the fireplace done in the morning (outside work);  so that job is finished .... ready for the new fire which go in place once the paint has hardened.  


The afternoon passed quickly .....  after I found, and watched, ‘Jane Eyre’ on one of the TV channels.   I have the book, and it’s a long time since I read it, so it will be my bedtime reading next. 


20.30    It’s going to be a calmer day tomorrow;  “‘Light rain showers and a moderate breeze” being the forecast.    I don’t have a ‘plan’ for tomorrow;  there’s plenty to do in Ivy:  the new fire is being delivered at the end of the week so I’ll continue ‘spring cleaning’ the living room ....  and get back to sorting the postcards into albums.

It’s not going to be quite so windy tomorrow so I ought to get out on the bike for exercise..... I think Wednesday could be the day I try for Balcarres.    I could go to Balcarres easy enough in the car but that doesn’t involve much exercise... unless I moor


the car at North Lodge and walk down the den.  Yes ....  I might do that, if it’s too windy for the bike this week ... it’s always sheltered in the den.

I like the local ENT kirk service online;  and I like our new Minister.    This is a safe way to ‘go to the kirk’, as things are at present, and I am comfortable sitting at home, feeling that I am there, in the kirk.   I short pan round the ‘congregation’ would enhance that feeling of ‘being there’ on the day.   Oh .... and I can sing as loud as I want;  much louder than when I’m in ‘my gallery’.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....