Breezy .... but not cold

 

17th November 2020 (Tuesday)     08.00 .... It is breezy, and overcast, this


mornin .... but funnily enough it isn’t a cold wind.    That said I would say that it was warm, but I expected it to be really cold when I went out to give ‘Blob’ his digestive biscuit (bit of).    I’ll go for the paper later in the morrrrrrrning;   I have a prescription to pick up from the chemist.

15.30    I don’t understand this;   I have never stopped all day, and have nothing to show for it .... apart from feeling happy!    I went for the paper and the chemist, as per plan, then down to the harbour...  and stopped at The Toft on the way up from ‘arbour to9 take some photos,... Fiona came along with the dogs and I chatted to her ... and the dogs.   I then drove home by way of Kinneuchar.   Oh I remember .... I fired up the wee laptop after that, and backed up some photographs;  that’s where the time went.    I found the Canterbury photos , taken when ‘JB’ and I visited Canterbury in 2011.... and ‘played’ with then for an hour and a half.    No wonder it has been a quick day.   I am now about to watch a Midsomer Murder(s) that I haven’t seen before.... so will probably fall fast asleep in front of the tele.   Orf to put the kettle on!


19.00     My new fire was delivered today.... and the ‘Parcel Force’ van driver was the double of Martin (Birrell);  but me bein’ me I had eyes only for the box with the fire in it at first. ... so it might well have been Martin.    Apologies to Martin if it was him.   The fire is in situ and the legs look especially attractive;  I had to fit them!     The flame effect is brilliant but the photos I took don’t show that up well;  I used the flash and that eliminated the flame effect. 

I have an early start tomorrow morning;  the car is getting a couple of things done to it tomorrow.   The ‘plan’ is to go for  a walk with Janet if it isn’t raining:  the weather forecast isn’t ‘iggzactly’ good for ‘ra morra’.    I always stress out at MOT time .... the older I get the more things I get stressed about.   Of course this COVID-19 will be adding to the general background stress of being ‘me’.    Once I get the car back tomorrow I’ll be rarin’ to go.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....